You can always tell by the stack of Amazon boxes being dropped off on every other doorstep that the countdown to the gift giving season is in full swing.
However, this holiday season, Midtown Association wants to reach you with the message to #ShopSmall in Midtown. With over 50+ local shops, you can find a gift for every friend, family member, and significant other that is unique and special!
Instead of marking your calendars for Black Friday or Cyber Monday, make sure you note that Saturday, November 26 is Small Business Saturday – a day to celebrate and support small businesses.
You might not realize it, but every time you pick up a bag of coffee beans from your favorite neighborhood café, shop at our weekly Midtown Farmers Market, or buy a gift from a local clothing store in Midtown, you’re shopping small and making a difference in our community.
Read on to learn about the many local shops in Midtown, be inspired for the upcoming gift-giving season, and learn of special Small Business Saturday promotions!
Small Business Saturday Promotions
On Saturday November 26, plan a fun-filled day of local shopping to celebrate Small Business Saturday. Start your day at the Midtown Farmers Market to pick up a free #ShopSmall shopping bag and check out the 100+ vendors! Afterwards, discover our small businesses throughout the Midtown grid and start crossing names of your shopping list.
Bonus … SacRT is offering FREE rides to support Small Business Saturday. Rides on fixed-route bus and light rail are FREE from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. with this free ride flyer.
Who’s ready to #ShopSmall? Use our below gift giving guide to find the perfect gift for every special someone! Or use our business directory to find all our shops and restaurants in Midtown. Any special promotions for stores will be italicized!
Midtown 2022 #ShopSmall Gift Giving Guide
For The Plant & Flower Lover
Find houseplants, pots, accessories for every plant nerd in your life OR surprise your significant other with their favorite flowers or a beautiful holiday themed bouquet.
- Propagate | 1700 I Street – 20% off the entire shop for Small Business Saturday
- Relles Florist | 2400 J Street – plants are 25% off, wrapped flowers are 30% off, and rose arrangements are 30% off.
For the Pet Parent
Whoever said pets don’t need presents should be on the naughty list. Treat your furry friends to treats, accessories, adorable holiday outfits and all the holiday love this season by shopping at these Midtown pet shops!
- Leash and Collar | 1901 Q Street – Buy one get one 50% off on holiday toys! AND mix and match 3 walking accessories and get 30% off the bundle.
- Paws and the Palette | 1014 24th Street – Buy one get one free on exclusive treats!
For the Coffee Lover
Midtown is filled to the brim with local cafes. Plus a warm coffee or tea may be just what you need to start your small business shopping spree on a good note!
- Temple | 2200 K Street, 2829 S Street & 1615 16th Street – Purchase two bags of beans to receive a free festivity mug!
- Pachamama Coffee | 919 20th Street – Spend $50 and get a free mug and 3 for $45 deal on all 10oz bags!
- DRIP Espresso Cafe |1004 24th Street – $30 gift card value for the price of $25.
- Milka Coffee Roasters |1501 G Street
For the Beer Connoisseur, Wine Lover & Mixologist
Need a gift for that one friend who just invested in a fancy bar cart? Find them local beer, wine or spirits to complete their dream at home bar.
- Good News Wine | 1050 20th Street – Complimentary hot cider while you shop, with the option to add sherry for a tasty treat. Plus 10% off with mention of Explore Midtown.
- At Ease Brewing |1825 I Street
- Midtown Spirits | 1717 19th Street – Buy a $50 gift card, and receive a free $10 gift card for yourself
- Acheson Wine Company | 1629 19th Street- $10 wine flight to taste all 8 of Acheson wines
- Revolution Wines |2831 S Street
For the Fashion Icon
Avoid fast fashion this holiday, and find your friend or significant other quality clothing pieces from local boutiques in Midtown!
- Heart Clothing Boutique | 1903 Capitol Avenue – Give away to first 20 shoppers! Plus 20% off store wide.
- Sugar Shack Boutique and Krazy Mary’s Boutique |2425 J Street & 3230 Folsom Blvd. – 20% off entire purchase (excluding gift cards). Plus a free gift with purchase for first 20 customers.
- Wild Poppy & Co |1008 24th Street – Special gift with purchase and 20% off any purchases in store.
- Little Relics| 1111 24th Street – 20% off any purchase. 30% off purchases over $100. An additional 10% off to anyone who brings a new and unwrapped toy.
- The Cotton Club |2331 J Street
- Peek a Boo at Prevues |2417 K Street
- Swanbergs on J | 2316 J Street
- Freestyle | 1906 L Street – Buy one gift card get a coupon for yourself. Free tote and sticker with purchase over $50. More in store deals like free gift wrapping, stocking stuffer deals and more!
- TRUE | 1900 K Street – 50% off in store discount
- Shop Cuffs | 2200 J Street – 20% off purchases of $50+, and 30% off $100+ during Thanksgiving weekend
- Shop YSJ | 1812 J Street– 20% off entire purchase for Small Business Saturday
For the Home Décor Designer
Aspiring home décor designer or someone who is looking for some new pieces to add to their cozy apartment, Midtown has everything you are looking for!
- Wild Heart Beauty | 2413 J Street | – 15% off for Small Business Saturday and spiked coffee for shoppers
- Kulture | 2331 K Street– 50% off all large wood framed artwork and 20% off mirrors
- Witching Post | 1729 L Street – Donating 11% of all artwork sales and 26% of all furniture and accessories to Safe Haven (a local charity that aids domestic violence victims).
- Bliss Marketplace | 2722 R Street -Collecting donations for new socks and underwear for the River City Foodbank. All donations will be matched by Bliss Marketplace!
- Scout Living | 1215 18th Street– 10-30% throughout the store
For the New Parent
Find new and unique clothes for your children at this cheerful boutique or visit the Sutter’s Fort Museum Store to gift your child with a present that encourages learning and discovery.
- The Moppet Shoppe |2524 J Street – 20% off all Holiday apparel
- Sutter’s Fort Museum Store | 2701 L Street – Special membership promotion over Thanksgiving weekend, and 10% off entire purchase on Museum Store Day on November 27.
For the Future Bride
Whether you’re shopping for yourself or want to give your friend a gift for her special day, check out these local bridal shops in Midtown.
- Grace & White Bridal | 1700 I Street Suite 140 – 10% off entire purchase including wedding gowns. (appointment only)
- Bella Bridesmaids | 1700 I Street Suite 130
- Brides for a Cause | 1114 21st Street – 20% off purchases made Thanksgiving weekend!
For the Art, Music & Theatre Lover
The best gifts are the ones we can experience. Find your friend tickets to a theatre show, or a new record or book, or encourage their favorite hobbies like photography or art!
- B Street Tickets | 2700 Capitol Ave – Save up to 70% off tickets and get 7 shows for the price of 5 with the Mainstage Subscription package!
- Time Tested Books |1114 21st Street – 20% of all new books for Small Business Saturday
- Capital Stage |2215 J Street
- Mikes Camera |2200 J Street – Any purchase made on Small Business Saturday qualifies you for a chance to win a Mike’s Camera $100 gift card.
- University of Art | 2601 J Street
- Pressed Coffee and Records | 1725 L Street
For the Pop Culture & Video Game Nerd
Need some help getting your bestie or significant other a gift that celebrates their favorite fandom, superhero or video game? Check out these stores to find the ultimate gift for them.
- 1 Up Retro Video Games | 2325 J Street– 10% off all consoles, 15% off all games, and 20% off merch for Thanksgiving weekend!
- Beehive Collectibles | 1006 24th Street – All common Funko POP!$10 each, all Funko SODA Figures $10 each, all action figures 20% off, all POP! pins & FigPins 30% off, and 15% off everything else!
- Big Brother Comics | 920 20th Street #150 –Buy 2 get 1 Free Board Games, buy 2 get 1 Free Trade Paper Backs and discounts on Magic The Gathering sealed products
For the Self-Care Specialist
If you have someone hardworking in your life, sometimes the best gift is one that encourages them to take care of themselves. Whether it be a floating session or crystals, you can find plenty of healing and self-care options in Midtown.
- SAHA Float Spa | 1432 Q Street– 50% off saunas and floats and 40% off facials
- Sunlight of the Spirit | 2314 J Street
- Essana Wellness | 2528 I Street
For the Earth Conscious
Find an array of home goods and body care products for your earth conscious bestie!
- Sac Co-op | 2820 I Street
- Refill Madness | 1828 29th Street – 20% off all bath bombs, shower tabs and bath salts; 10% off ECOS hand soap refills; 10% off all Glad Rags Feminine Hygiene products; 20% off SenzaCare Dental Floss and 25% off Refill Madness T-shirts.
- Nudge Eco Store | 1126 18th Street – 30 – 40% off a massive selection of products in every section: baby, bath, kitchen and cosmetics!
For the Exercise Enthusiast
Shopping for an avid runner or bicyclist? Look no further than Midtown to find them the perfect gift.
- Cycle Bar | 1708 15th Street – Take advantage of their Small Business Saturday deal of 10 rides for $149 and 30 rides for $299.
- Fleet Feet |2311 J Street
- Pacos Bike Shop | 2028 K Street
For the Sweet Tooth
You can never go wrong with chocolate as a gift. Visit the Midtown boutique to find delicious bonbons, macarons, ice cream & more. To explore all of our favorite dessert shops read our blog on our favorite sweet spot in Midtown.
- Ginger Elizabeth’s | 180l L Street – Receive a $10 Gift Card with $100 In-Store Purchase (Gift card good in-stores or for pick-up orders on Toast)
- Mixed Bag | 2405 K Street
- Zocalos | 1801 Capitol Ave – For every $100 spent, receive a bonus $20 giftcard. This promotion runs from Black Friday to December 31st.
- Strapping | 1731 L Street – Free gift for anyone who spends over $50
- The Midtown Farmers Market | 20th and K Streets
Remember to #ShopSmall on Saturday November 26 to help support our small business community! We will be passing out free shopping bags at the Midtown Farmers Market to help you carry all the unique and special goods you find shopping! Tag us on @exploremidtown or #exploremidtown for a chance to be featured on our social media.